Monday, September 3, 2012

The Road to Mickey

I have spent the past couple of weeks between home and Williamsburg. My time in Williamsburg has really been a treat, as I have absolutely no responsibilities there at this point in time. Most of these days were spent with people I will miss so much over the next semester. In my time spent at home, I only pretended that I had no responsibilities. I spent some great time with some of my favorite people at home, but I actively ignored my pile of belongings stacked up in a corner of the dining room.

I did a couple of little things to get ready, mostly to trick my mom into thinking maybe I would be packed in time to leave today, but nothing that useful. Earlier this week I did go shopping for professional business lady clothes, but this was also in large part due to my mother's planning. (I got 2 dresses, 3 pairs of pants, 5 shirts and 3 cardigans at Marshall's for $300. Had to briefly brag about that deal. My mom did all the work. She's the best.) My unwillingness to pack should not be mistaken for inability, however. I've packed myself for both camp and school countless times. I'm pretty good at it actually. I just have recently found myself resistant to change. I felt incredibly overwhelmed and stressed at the thought of packing up all my things and heading off to a new place with all new people. This feeling is probably not eased by the fear that surrounds my rapidly approaching graduation from William and Mary. Now that I am completely packed and on my way to Orlando, I'm still a little bit stressed, but I think it's the good kind of stress; the kind of stress that is interchangeable with excitement.

So here I am, in the Hilton Garden Inn right of of I-95 in Savannah, Georgia writing this blog post. It was really nice of them to give me free internet. It took 10 hours and almost 600 miles to here. Overall, it was a pretty easy drive. 95 is not at any point an exciting road to drive on. South Carolina is literally the longest most boring, desolate state to drive through. All of the excitement ends after South of the Border:
As I get closer and closer to my experience in Disney, my nerves are easing and turning into excitement. Despite my resistance to change, I know this experience will be great for me. I will arrive in Orlando tomorrow and check in on Wednesday. So begins my adventures in the most magical place on earth! There will be much more in days to come.

Have a magical day!
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Jess you are going to have so much fun and we will all be here waiting for you when you get back. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels! See you in a couple weeks. Enjoy the the adventure. Say hi to the Mickey and Minnie for me! Take good care of your Mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete